Our mission is to disseminate the Barefoot Approach throughout rural communities around the world, accomplishing what many less comprehensive approaches have failed to achieve:
Sustainable knowledge and skills for communities
Adapting a lifestyle in harmony with our environment
Overall community transformation and empowerment
Work With Us
We’re truly grateful for your interest in joining our team. Take a look at our current opportunities to volunteer, work, or complete a fellowship.
Regenerative Agriculture Volunteer
Rural Education Volunteer
Open Now: Five enthusiastic short term volunteers to be based at Singla Residential School to assist in delivering and creating curriculum for May, June & July. They should ideally teach the following,
- 1 English teacher
- 2 STEM ( with art and humanities, and/or science environment teaching background)
- 1 Leadership and Communication, advocacy and human rights
- 1 Graphic designer/ It to support the design of the digital curricula
July onward: our campus based Government school for disadvantaged children is in need of long term volunteers with teaching backgrounds to be based in Tilonia. Preferably they should speak Hindi and English.
- Open Now: two nurses or health practitioners that can stay with us for a minimum of 3 months. Preferably female, one hindi speaking and one international (at least 3-6 months) to support the Barefoot College health centre in its daily activities and in the field missions.
- Open Now: One volunteers keen on working on health initiatives to support the community outreach programs such as women’s reproductive health care, antenatal and postnatal care, nutrition.
Barefoot Enriche Volunteer
Open August 2018:
- Workshop Facilitation Support International Trainees: Besides English, should be fluent in one other language such as Spanish or French. A background in social science and cultural mediation preferred. Strong communication and inter-personal skills required. Females only. Minimum Commitment 4 months.
- Workshop Facilitation Support Indian Trainees: Besides Hindi and English, should be
fluent in one other language such as Oriya, Bengali, Telugu. A background in social science and cultural mediation preferred. Strong communication and inter-personal skills required. Females only. Minimum Commitment 4 months.
- Curriculum Content Creator: Skilled in photography, videography and basic graphics design and video editing to help us create simple DIY manuals (hard copy and videos) on varied subjects such as Making a Smokeless Stove; Composting at Home; Making a Cloth Sanitary Napkin. Volunteer would be responsible to bring his/her photography and videography equipment. Minimum Commitment 1 month.
- Storyteller: Shadow team members to capture and write short stories/articles on the Enriche projects. Interact with the beneficiaries to convey the program impact. Females only. Minimum Commitment 1 month.
- Song Composer/Musician: Understand the Enriche curriculum. Meet with beneficiaries and rural women to write a couple of songs to convey and reinforce the curriculum learnings, set them to music and record them. Minimum Commitment 1 month.
- Workshop Photographer: Skilled in photography. Capture the Enriche workshop
highlights. Volunteer would be responsible to bring her own photography equipment. Females only. Minimum Commitment 1 month.
Solar Enterprise Volunteer
- Open Now: A Hindi speaking volunteer with Marketing and communication background + knowledge in social enterprise business models. He/she will be responsible of supporting the launching phase of Women Prosper, the social enterprise section of the Solar Initiative. Minimum 3 month commitment.
Community Radio Volunteer
Open Now: Looking for an advocacy and/or human/worker rights activist. A background in media, journalism, communication or social science is ideal. A Hindi speaker that can help in developing the daily programming, as well as carrying out interviews and support the community outreach program of the department at large.
Water & Sanitation
Open Now: Resident volunteer with an experiential background in either waste management and/or water conservation. Able to manage and organize data, document field work and writing skills for developing content, presentations, proposals and curriculum for schools. Minimum commitment: 3 months. Must be willing to get hands dirty – but also be capable of cleaning them while optimizing water usage.