B.Barefoot Enterprise offers quality, sustainable products sourced from last mile villages. It
supports women from rural communities in the several states of India, providing them training
and support for sustainable agricultural practices, presently Coffee and Honey.
The B.Barefoot Social Enterprise is a self-sustaining, vertically-integrated model whose
beneficiaries are also its suppliers. Download the full description here.
We’re seeking a sales and marketing specialist with a background in fast-moving consumer
goods and lifestyle products, specifically Coffee and Honey to help us sell the products that
eventually help improve the lives of women from marginalized communities across India. Our
ideal sales and marketing specialist should have a strong understanding of the sales process and
excel at generating leads, building relationships, and closing deals. We’re seeking a quick
learner with strong listening and negotiating skills, and someone who can showcase our
offerings in a compelling way. Often tasked with giving presentations, attending networking
events, and participating in trade shows, it’s essential that our sales and marketing specialist be
approachable and professional. His or her efforts will help us extend our global reach and
Our sales and marketing specialist will carry out research and analyses demographics, pricing
schedules, market trends, competitor products, and other information relevant to the
organisation’s marketing objectives. Use marketing expertise to help direct strategy and
planning for promotional materials, sales tactics, and other department activities. Create and
develop new campaigns, advertising copy, and other marketing materials.
- Creative, analytical, digital, commercial responsibilities:
○ Develops new marketing and sales strategies, campaigns based on detailed
analysis of market forces to promote products and services with an aim to
maximize profits through sales.
○ Building brand awareness and positioning through social media, content
marketing and other mediums.
○ Perform an incisive and insightful market and competitive research.
○ Represent the organization, with a comprehensive understanding of our
○ Works with creative teams to come up with branding ideas, advertising copy,
graphic designs, and promotional materials
○ Identify the appropriate media channels where each product or service’s
marketing materials can be delivered to the public
○ Enforce brand marketing guidelines throughout each product to create a
cohesive feel to each campaign
○ Conducting market research and analysing data to identify and define audiences,
potential customers, sales trends, the demand for products and services, market
○ Devising and presenting/communicating ideas and strategies to the board and
- Knowledge management and administrative responsibilities
○ Create a calendar of campaigns and events and implement strategy through targeted campaigns
○ Planning, directing, and coordinating marketing/promotional activities
○ Research and analyse a variety of marketing information, including market trends, pricing schedules, competitor offerings, product specifications, and demographic data
○ Understanding, developing and administering annual marketing budgets and finance, including expenditures, research and development appropriations, return-on-investment and profit-loss projections, regarding marketing strategy of the organization
○ Reports on findings and results to the management team
○ Providing accurate sales forecasts and allocating resources so targets are met.
○ Keeping up-to-date with advancements in marketing
- ● Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational skills and networking ability
● Experience working CRM platforms
● Experience in closing wholesale or export level deals
● Ability to analyze business opportunities and read situations well
● Proven experience especially in running marketing campaigns and hands-on experience of digital marketing platforms
● Good Teamwork skills
● Strong attention to detail
● Commercial awareness
● Effective time management skills and the ability to multitask.
● Project Management and Stakeholder Management skills
● Professional and proactive work ethic.
● Good knowledge of MS Office tools
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- ● Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business management or marketing
● 3-4 years in online sales promotion with an entrepreneurial setting
● A proven success rate in creating sales channels and increasing sale volumes
● Experience and proven efficiency in a sales target based environment
● Ability to travel at least 50% of the time to assess and create markets
Barefoot College recognizes that the right candidate will have a significant impact on the success of the organization and is prepared to offer an attractive compensation package for the non- profit sector, commensurate with experience.
The position will be based in Delhi with frequent travel to Tilonia and within India will be required.
Qualified candidates should send their CV along with a cover letter highlighting your suitability
for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do mention the job code in the
subject line of your application. Any application received without the appropriate job code will
not be considered. Given the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond
to all applicants and our responses are limited to those who are shortlisted.
Last date to receive applications: *15th* November 2020
(please ignore the deadline given on the pdf)