Barefoot College International is looking for a Programme Coordinator for a prestigious project, details of which are given below. The incumbent should have excellent project management proficiency, communication skills to represent the organization, and ability to foresee risks, and resolve conflicts with a high degree of independence. The ideal candidate should also have good organizational and interpersonal skills and will be expected to work closely with a team of project managers from varied backgrounds, experience, skill and knowledge levels.
For the full description, please click here.
The project involves multiple interventions in assisting a global agro-based corporation in enhancing impact work, improving labour conditions and capacity, building grassroots leadership and making technical training more accessible to rural audiences in India. BCI is playing the role of a grassroots knowledge partner responsible for impact interventions, grassroots training programmes and demystifying highly technical knowledge for poorly literate rural audiences, on agro-based topics (starting with banana cultivation and dairy farming techniques) as well as ancillary topics necessary for adult empowerment, such as leadership, women rights, environmental conservation, sanitation and health. The success of this project shall lead to livelihood improvement of 1000+ rural farmers in the short term, and potentially millions in the long term.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Program Coordination (40%)
- Lead the planning and coordination of design and implementation of programs with Innoterra in consultation with respective operations team
- Monitor project budget and track expenditures/transactions and handle the project related financial administration, including adherence to all organizational policies and practices and
- Manage communications through media relations, social media etc.
- Help build positive relations within the team and external parties and all stakeholders
- Keep all members of the team and relevant stakeholders up-to-date with relevant project information and regular communication to groups to create a organization-wide understanding of the program
- Schedule and organize meetings/events and maintain agenda and minutes
- Prepare all documentation, records, proposals, reports, presentations, summaries and others, in a detailed and timely manner and follow up to gain necessary approvals
- Represent the organization in relevant platforms related to the program as deemed necessary by the reporting manager
- Identify opportunities for growth of the programme and additional synergies and program development
- Identify risks and conflicts in achieving deliverables in alignment with organizational vision, and take necessary steps to mitigate such risks and resolve conflicts
- Any other responsibilities commonly considered that of a programme coordinator
- At the time of writing the JD, the program coordination scope involves coordination of the operations of 3 medium sized projects with DFV and the LEAP project. However, if the operations of the projects are delayed due to due diligence, then the employee can be assigned other project coordination in lieu.
Content Development & Training (40%)
- Support the Head of Content Development in setting up and maintaining the content pipeline and relevant dashboards
- Support the Content Team on agro content research including identifying relevant topics, fact-checking, and analyzing sources to generate information
- Support the Content Team on content quality check: Maintaining an appropriate tone, adhering to client’s style guide, checking for errors in grammar, punctuation, and style
- Identifying, onboarding and coordinating with writers, designers, content specialists, graphic artists, voice over artists, translators, editors (staff or volunteers) to ensure that their work meets expected standards and deadlines and their commitments are delivered
- Coordinating and participating in field testing of content
- Developing training modules on pedagogical and leadership topics and end-to-end implementation of the modules
- Any other responsibilities necessary in the content development project within available bandwidth as assessed by the reporting manager
Support to Management & Administration (20%)
All roles of similar level shall be extending significant support to management and administration by sharing responsibilities in proposal writing, partnership liaising, innovation incubation, training management, department administration, organizational representation, and any other such aspect as deemed necessary by the department head.
To learn more about the skills, education and experience required, compensation and location please download the full Job Description here.
Qualified candidates should send their CV along with a cover letter highlighting your suitability for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do mention the job code in the subject line of your application. Any application received without the appropriate job code will not be considered. Given the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to all applicants and our responses are limited to those who are shortlisted.
Last date to receive applications: 7th of July, 2021