Reporting to the Head of Finance and Accounts, the Finance Coordinator will be responsible for managing all finance, accounting and related reporting activities, including preparing reports for the Board’s Finance and Audit Committee and will work closely with the senior leadership team. The Finance Coordinator will lead all day-to-day finance operations and will provide reports and advice to the management team and have direct responsibility over accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and grants administration. The Coordinator will develop systems and procedures to support effective program implementation and robust audit compliance.
For the full description, please click here.
The ideal individual will have strong research ability, written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities and the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations. The incumbent will be expected to maintain positive interpersonal relationships with employees and will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Finance and Accounting Leadership
- Manage all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate standards to meet regulatory requirements for NGOs, specifically for a Section 8 Company;
- Manage organizational cash flow forecasting by working in partnership with the CEO and Founder to ensure availability of funds as needed;
- Manage investment, and asset management;
- Manage financing strategies and activities, as well as banking relationships;
- Develop and utilize forward-looking, predictive models and activity-based financial analyses to provide insight into the organization’s operations and business plans;
- Coordinate the development and monitoring of budgets;
- Develop financial business plans and forecasts;
- Remain up to date on non-profit audit best practices;
- Assess and make recommendations in the area of internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, and program budgets and actual expenditures.
- Manage all financial audits.
- Consistently analyse financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate, quarterly, and annual financial statements; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership abreast of BCI’s financial status.
- Ensure that expenditures are consistently aligned with grant and program budgets throughout the grant/fund period;
- Create tool kit for collating financial reporting materials for government, corporate, and foundation grants;
- Leverage strengths of the current accounting team members, help to clarify roles and responsibilities and develop and implement training programs in order to maximize and reach optimal individual and organizational goals;
- Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the organization; create and promote a positive and supportive work environment;
- Commitment to recruiting, mentoring, training, and retaining a diverse team with foresight and ability to delegate accordingly;
To learn more about the skills, education and experience required, compensation and location please download the full Job Description here.
Qualified candidates should send their CV along with a cover letter highlighting your suitability for the position to email@example.com. Please do mention the job code in the subject line of your application. Any application received without the appropriate job code will not be considered. Given the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to all applicants and our responses are limited to those who are shortlisted.
Last date to receive applications: 31 – Aug – 2021