Seeking an enthusiastic volunteer to coordinate the Information Technology initiatives at Barefoot College. To download the full Profile click here.
Curriculum Designer Responsibilities:
- Conducting research and collaborating with educators, subject experts, policymakers, and other professionals to develop quality curricula and learning resources.
- Establishing feasible timeframes to achieve the goals and objectives outlined in the curriculum.
- Creating stimulating lesson plans and recommending interesting additional resources.
- Developing a range of digital resources to optimize classroom learning and ensure ongoing learning outside of formal settings.
- Creating supplementary teacher and student guides, as well as resource packs.
- Expanding networks of curriculum designers, educators, and other professionals.
- Collecting feedback from students, teachers, and clients.
- Monitoring student progress and making relevant changes to curriculums.
- Collaborating with other writers, graphic designers, and web designers to create new learning resources.
- Setting up tests, exams, and other formal and informal assessments to gauge the effectiveness of curriculums.
Curriculum Designer Requirements:
- Degree in Education, or a related discipline.
- Master’s degree preferable.
- Additional courses in Instructional Design.
- Strong digital and research skills.
- Excellent collaboration, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Great networking and interpersonal abilities.
- Strong planning skills, vision, and creative intelligence.
- A passion for education.