Seeking an enthusiastic volunteer to coordinate recruitment, employee engagement and organisational development initiatives at Barefoot College. To download the full Profile click here.
Reporting directly to the Head of HR at Barefoot College, the Volunteer is expected to provide administrative support to the HR department. The incumbent will be responsible for providing support to the Associate, HR in managing the Recruitment process, on boarding process, manage employee records and employee engagement initiatives. The Volunteer will also assist the Visits team in managing the visits program along with the Visits team. The volunteer must be a self starter, creative and should enjoy working in an environment that is mission-driven, result-driven and community oriented.
The ideal individual will have strong research ability, written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities and the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations. The incumbent will be expected to maintain positive interpersonal relationships with employees and will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Co-ordinate the recruitment and on boarding process;
- Carry out reference/background and academic checks for candidates under consideration for employment;
- Set up and maintain a database and personnel records of all employees;
- Organize induction for new employees and provide advice and counselling to all staff before they take up their functions on their rights, entitlements and responsibilities;
- Organize effective and immersive employee engagement activities;
- Maintain the training calendar and coordinate all trainings across the organisation.
- Assist the Visits team in managing visits and volunteers coming into the Campus for short durations.
- Management of the HR departments workflow, manage output and office deadlines;
- Drafting correspondence and reports;
- Prepare agendas, take minutes of meeting and follow-up on action points;
- Assist Head of HR in managing Board meetings and with compliance of applicable rules and regulations set in by laws regarding Board and Board Committee matters, including advance distribution of materials before meetings in electronic/paper format.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability;
- Emotional maturity to handle work pressure;
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion;
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment;
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduate in any subject;
- Knowledge of principles, methods and practices of human resource management, talent retention, staff motivation and recruitment is desirable;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Linked in and other Job related online platforms and Social Media platforms.
We cannot offer any remuneration but can promise a time of learning and an immersive and educative experience for any aspiring HR personnel or even those who just want to serve the organization.
The position will be based in Tilonia.
Qualified candidates should send their CV along with a cover letter highlighting your suitability for the position to email@example.com | Please do mention HR Volunteer Position in the subject line of your application. Given the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to all applicants and our responses are limited to those who are shortlisted.