Barefoot College International is looking for a Graphic Artist for a prestigious project, details of which are given below. The incumbent should have excellent knowledge and technical skills of digital illustrations, animation, video creation and editing. The ideal candidate should also have good organizational and interpersonal skills and have the ability to create simplified content (video or illustrations), as per user needs and will be expected to work closely with a team of project managers from varied backgrounds, experience, skill and knowledge levels.
For the full description, please click here.
The project involves making technical training more accessible to rural audiences. The present training content exists as technical SOPs, research papers, corporate powerpoint presentations and such documents aimed at a highly educated and qualified audience. BCI is playing the role of demystifying this knowledge for poorly literate rural audiences, making it engaging through story-based content. The topics in the content are primarily agro-based (starting with banana cultivation and dairy farming techniques) but also extends to ancillary topics necessary for adult empowerment, such as leadership, women rights, environmental conservation, sanitation and health. The success of this project shall lead to livelihood improvement of 1000+ rural farmers in the short term, and potentially millions in the long term.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Program Coordination (40%)
- Design illustrations targeted to illiterate and/or semi-literate users.
- Complete editing of animated edited video from a repository of such illustrations. Animation needs to be effective but with only simple 2D animation techniques with transitions.
- Complete re-edit, necessary to fit voiceover in multiple languages for the above mentioned video.
- Liaise with team for scripts and storylines to understand and ideate on animation requirements
- Support in developing storyboards for client approval.
- Work with volunteers to source illustrations and incorporate in edited videos.
- Repurposing illustrations into communication collaterals as needed.
- Organize and maintain a repository of images, illustrations and clips.
- Adapt solutions to various users needs (languages, focus areas, literacy level etc.).
- Evaluate impact and learn from user experiences to improve and refine solutions developed.
- Train grassroots colleague in basic graphic design knowledge and software usage technical skills
To learn more about the skills, education and experience required, compensation and location please download the full Job Description here.
Qualified candidates should send their CV along with a cover letter highlighting your suitability for the position to email@example.com. Please do mention the job code in the subject line of your application. Any application received without the appropriate job code will not be considered. Given the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to all applicants and our responses are limited to those who are shortlisted.
Last date to receive applications: 7th of July 2021