Barefoot College’s education department runs 49 solar digital night schools spread across 11 States across India impacting more than 2500 children every year. Solar Digital night schools are non-formal schools running across the country during evenings or nights for the marginalised and poor children who are unable to access formal and quality education because of various social, geographical, or economic limitations. These schools are primarily located in locations which are off-grid or with intermittent electricity supply and use digital tools and technologies to deliver education effectively. Download the full Job Description Here.
The Digital Night Schools Programme Executive is a key link in the overall Solar Digital Night School Model. The executive acts as a link between the on-ground partner organizations (which are responsible for running the night schools) and Barefoot College’s central operations team. The executive will be reporting to the Digital Night Schools Programme Manager and will be responsible to monitor the progress of a collection of schools and ensure effective functioning of the schools and implementation of the desired standards of both curriculum delivery and operational requirements and efficiency. The executive will be required to constantly communicate effectively with the on-ground teams to make sure that the implementation data reaches the executive on time and is then readily sorted and updated to be sent across to the donors for reporting purposes. Hence, Microsoft Excel proficiency is a must for this role. The executive, as part of monitoring and evaluation activities, will also be responsible for conducting periodic travel visits across night schools, report back on the school’s progress and challenges and identify opportunities to improve the overall programme.
The role therefore shall require the person to have strong observational, community mobilisation, communication (written and verbal), documentation, presentation skills, including above average proficiency in working on MS Office tools (especially MS Word, Excel and Power Point) and using and working on Google Drive. The person shall also be comfortable with the usage of digital tools and technologies. The role requires the person to be self motivated to identify and solve problems on their own, self-organized, be ready to travel to some of the remotest areas in the country, and has the passion to learn new and challenging things in a fast-paced working environment. 10-15% of the role would also require the executive to provide logistical and admin support to the education department and specifically the solar digital night school team.
JOB RESPONSIBILITY INCLUDE (BUT NOT LIMITED TO)
Digital Night Schools Monitoring:
- Monthly travel to digital night schools to monitor school’s functioning and review based on pre-determined parameters
- Remote monitoring of digital night school’s progress based on pre-determined parameters
- Provide timely feedback to teachers on basic operational improvements
- Provide timely feedback to teachers on curriculum delivery to independent curricular developers
- Work in close collaboration with the Digital Night School Programme Manager and on-ground teams to improve monitoring metrics and standards
Data Collection & Organization:
- Collect data, based on pre-determined metrics, from the education workers* and teachers on a month-to-month basis
- Collate entire set of data, sort and organize as required by the operations team and send it to project teams as and when needed
- Maintain sharable and up-to-date data for each school with complete details
- Identify new and better ways of data collection, organization and presentation in close collaboration with the Digital Night School team
- Communicate periodically and effectively with the education workers, ground partners and teachers for basic relationship building and issue resolution
- Communicate the Digital Night School Programme’s narrative to various stakeholders which includes on-ground teams and national and international visitors
- Periodically train teachers and education workers on their roles and responsibilities
Please note that each executive will handle at most 15 digital night schools and all those schools’ teachers and education workers will be required to provide any information on a timely basis to the Monitoring & Evaluation Executive. The executive’s role shall be flexible and can incorporate some more components upon approval from the Digital Night School Programme Manager.
PREFERRED SKILLS & TRAITS
- Above average proficiency in MS Office tools, especially MS Word, Excel and Power Point
- Comfortable in handling and operating digital tools and technologies
- Enjoys travelling to remote locations
- Ability to self-learn, self-organize and is self-motivated
- Good observational skills in terms of identifying process gaps and challenges
- Advanced level written and verbal communication skills including ability of active listening and interpersonal communication skills to clearly and concisely convey
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Strongly process oriented
- Emotional maturity to handle work pressure
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience of teaching (children or adult). Having a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline is a must
- Proficient in use of technology in learning.
15,000 – 20,000 Per Month
Interested candidates should send their Résumés to email@example.com, along with a cover letter highlighting your suitability for the position. Please do mention the job code in the subject line of your application. Any application received without the appropriate job code will not be considered. Given the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to all applicants and our responses are limited to those who are shortlisted.