This project involves making technical training more accessible to rural audiences. The present training content exists as technical SOPs, research papers, corporate powerpoint presentations and such documents aimed at a highly educated and qualified audience. BCI is playing the role of demystifying this knowledge for poorly literate rural audiences, making it engaging through story-based content. The topics in the content are primarily agro-based (starting with banana cultivation and dairy farming techniques) but also extends to ancillary topics necessary for adult empowerment, such as leadership, women rights, environmental conservation, sanitation and health. The success of this project shall lead to livelihood improvement of 1000+ rural farmers in the short term, and potentially millions in the long term.
For the full description, please click here.
The final transformed and broken down content shall be in multiple formats, such as classroom session plans, booklets supported with illustrations, display material, self paced courseware. The Content Writer shall be responsible for writing accurate, proofread, easily understandable texts for all of the above for low-literacy audiences such as farmers.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Write engaging and compelling story based or explainer texts targeted to illiterate and/or semi-literate users.
- Transform complex technical documents including use cases, standard procedures, test cases, user guides, training materials, documentation, work flows into simple content for educational and training purposes
- Conceptualize and author engaging scripts to be used for creating animation videos.
- Assists in the development of a content delivery strategy.
- Researches, writes, edits, and provides materials including text, images, illustration flows
- Conduct a survey or interviews if needed to gather valuable information to inform content writing.
- Work with cross-functional teams for content delivery, developing ideas for visualizations, infographics and charts that creatively convey messages/data and technical content
- Work with the relevant team to revise the draft content following amendments and clarification and to participate in feedback from technical review, as necessary.
- Incorporate revisions related to content, design and/or language. The content text will adhere to Barefoot College International’s standards for language and presentation.
To learn more about the skills, education and experience required, compensation and location please download the full Job Description here.
Qualified candidates should send their CV along with a cover letter highlighting your suitability for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do mention the job code in the subject line of your application. Any application received without the appropriate job code will not be considered. Given the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to all applicants and our responses are limited to those who are shortlisted.
Last date to receive applications: 7 July 2021