B.Barefoot Enterprise and associated Livelihoods Program offer quality, sustainable products
sourced from last-mile villages. It supports women from rural communities of the Global South,
providing them training and support on sustainable agricultural practices. The B.Barefoot Social
Enterprise is a self-sustaining, vertically-integrated model whose beneficiaries are also its suppliers.
We are looking for a passionate individual who can develop Enriche Beekeeping as a livelihood
initiative in the chosen states of India, in line with the organization’s vision and values. The Beekeeping
Program India Coordinator is in charge of overviewing the beekeeping project-related activities,
training, follow-up of trainees, reporting and overall project management.
Download the full description here.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Identify ground partners, beekeeping experts, local coordinators and beneficiaries at each
potential location suitable to conduct Beekeeping activity.
- Assist the ground partners in procuring beehives & equipment.
- Liaise with Government bodies to extend subsidies to support the initiative.
- Monitor and evaluate the condition of the beekeeping activity at each location.
- Capacity building of the local coordinators and other staff persons involved in tasks along with the
activity in order to ensure its proper and autonomous conduct
- Liaise with local ground partners’ organizations in relation to the activity.
- Develop and update the Environmental Awareness Curriculum and train local coordinators in
the delivery of the Workshops.
- Set up processes and oversee the honey harvest at each location ensuring hygienic quality
- Participate in fundraising efforts to support the beekeeping activity.
- Activity documentation and impact Reporting.
- Ensure optimum utilization of allotted funds and keeping to timelines.
- Expand the initiative to new states after scouting for strong and reliable partners and after
checking feasibility to conduct beekeeping activity.
- Create partnerships with ground partners (signed MOUs)
- Participate in continual improvement of Beekeeping program model and curriculum
- Participate in continual improvement of Environmental Awareness curriculum
- Effectively deliver training, equipment and follow up
- Effectively train local coordinators and related staff on their tasks
- Submission of Grant proposals and other funding requests
- Create regular activity reports and ensure documentation
All of Barefoot College’s staff are expected to participate in the work and efforts of the collective. Spirit
of team and family should prevail and it is expected that all staff take up to 10% of their time
contributing to the larger goals and work of the overall Barefoot College collective in addition to their
specific area of responsibility.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Hindi and English
- Strong knowledge of Emails, Microsoft Office Suite and Collaborative tools
- Strong ability to interact with various interlocutors
- Strong organizational skills and structured and proactive mind-set
- Ability to work both within a Team, and independently
Barefoot College recognizes that the right candidate will have a significant impact on the success of
the organization and is prepared to offer an attractive compensation package for the non-profit
sector, commensurate with experience.
The position will be based in Tilonia and can work remotely on occasions. National travel may be
Qualified candidates should send their CV along with a cover letter highlighting your suitability for
the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do mention the job code in the subject line
of your application. Any application received without the appropriate job code will not be
considered. Given the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to all
applicants and our responses are limited to those who are shortlisted.
Last date to receive applications: *15th* November 2020
(please ignore the deadline given on the pdf)