For more than 40 years, we have been dedicated to developing the capacity of the rural poor in India and around the world. This dedication naturally focuses our organization inward when we look to develop our organizational capabilities. For this reason we have a dedication to accepting only a few specially selected International volunteers who are committed to learning from and sharing their experiences with the entire Barefoot College Family. Preference is given to volunteers from within India who do not have formal education.
We work in partnership with more than 60 Non-Governmental Organizations and Community Based Organizations internationally. We would also encourage you to contact any of them to offer your time to our International projects around the world. International partners can be located in the Partners section.
We offer International Fellowships in the following regions: West Africa, East Africa, Pacific Islands, Central America, and South East Asia. For information please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Grounds and building work, eco sanitation and water management
- Rural livelihoods and handicrafts
- International Partner Communication (Language speciality French, Spanish, Arabic)
- Measurement and evaluation
- IT teaching (Excel, Word, file management, basic email usage, Google Docs and file sharing)
- Women’s Barefoot Solar Initiative
- Name, address, age, nationality and languages spoke/written
- Statement of skills and attributes you feel would make you a great Barefoot College Volunteer
- What you hope to learn or experience by being a volunteer with us
- 3 things you are passionate about
- Any hidden talents or hobbies you would like to share (music, craft, artistic, etc)